2009 Mazda2 Replacement/Spare key help - Mazda 2 Forum : Mazda 2 Revolution Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 05-13-2019, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
mark77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2009 Mazda2 Replacement/Spare key help

Hi all,

Bought my daughter a 2nd hand 2009 Mazda 2 hatch a couple of years ago (1st car and it has been great) but it only came with the one key.

That single keys battery has drained and when she went to have it replaced it was found the remote part had been glued shut which is a bit horrific.

Now it begs the question where can I buy spare keys from that won’t cost more than the car is worth (ie not from Mazda.)

Sometime ago I found replacement remotes for my garage that were $6 including postage where the key cutters quoted $195 so I am hopeful something like this is available for the car?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-04-2019, 11:13 AM
WizKid

You can find a replacement OEM spare key on https://www.mazdapartsprime.com/ . I like buying genuine parts from them because their prices are cheaper than dealer prices. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Whitney Tang

I have a Mazda 2 as well. I bought the key on Amazon. I think it was like $30. It comes with a blank key. If you don't care about what happens to the old key, you can always take it apart and switch the key blank with the old key. As for the chip, you can try to pry it out of the old one or take it somewhere to get it paired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 2 Forum : Mazda 2 Revolution Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page