DRL Mazda2 DE - Mazda 2 Forum : Mazda 2 Revolution Forums

post #1 of 5 Old 09-11-2017, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
fsp1311

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lightbulb DRL Mazda2 DE

Hello!

So I have a car with AUTO sensor for wipers and headlamps. But in the time when the car was sold in Croatia (2009) we had that law that said that lights must be on all the time while driving. So Mazda did something and the lights were always on (regarding the position in which the switch was). So when I enter the tunell, for example, the only lights that are turning on are the one in the interior. Even when the switch is in OFF position, the lights are ON.
Does anyone know if this is programable feature or is it a hardware (more expensive solution) - relay or something.
I would realy like to use AUTO sensor the proper way. I would like to have lights turned off when it's sunny, and on when I enter the tunel for example...(the law changed and lights don't have to be on all the time)

Thanks!

-F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-15-2018, 12:10 PM
fazslama

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Filip!

I just bought a 2008 model 1.3 petrol engine mazda 2 that was used in Austria. I did not know the reason why my car's headlights were always on and why can't I turn them off, until I found the question you asked here. It seems that the Austrian transport authority also required the vehicles that their light must always be on. It quite bothers me too and I'm interested and would like to know could you solve the problem, and restore the factory default settings for the lights? As far as I know it is software related and has nothing to do with hardware, switches or cables.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Rudolph

2x 30 watt cree-led DRL's on my Dutch 2013 Mazda2 1,5 GTM.....tuned from 102 hp to 114 hp...

The Mazda2 itself.......

Engine oil temp. meter and oil filter adapter with probe........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-18-2019, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
fsp1311

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did it! I finaly figured it out! After almost two years of searching and trying, I now know how to deactivate or activate DRLs on Mazda2

What you need is Bluetooth OBD2 adapter from eBay, computer program called ForScan (available just for windows computers) and a Information whether your car is equipped with rain sensor or not.

If anyone needs help, let me know!
post #5 of 5 Old 03-25-2020, 01:17 PM
Ady110

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsp1311 View Post
I did it! I finaly figured it out! After almost two years of searching and trying, I now know how to deactivate or activate DRLs on Mazda2

What you need is Bluetooth OBD2 adapter from eBay, computer program called ForScan (available just for windows computers) and a Information whether your car is equipped with rain sensor or not.

If anyone needs help, let me know!
So, how is it? Tell us. There are others interested in that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 2 Forum : Mazda 2 Revolution Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page