Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 (DE), RHD, getting AC condensate water on the floor as it is crazy humid now. Suspect that the drain tube is clogged, but can't find it anywhere and bizarrely the shop manual also makes no mention of it at all. Anyone have any idea where the AC drain tube is? And if it is accessible from inside rather than from under the car? Very much prefer to unclog it with compressed air from inside to outside, I've worked on some other cars where the tube is accessible from where the cabin filters are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update, I hit a shallow pothole slowly enough that it didn't wreck my wheel, tire or alignment, but jarred the car just enough to actually somehow unclog the **** thing. Now, I can clearly see that AC water is draining out normally and I don't get the dripping water from under the dash anymore. I found that the AC drain is a white plastic pipe concealed behind a heat shield over the exhaust tunnel (the heat shield has to be bent out of the way), almost directly under the front end of the driver's seat rail or directly under where the driver's left knee would be. I'm not sure if the layout is inverted in the left hand drive cars.. probably is, if the HVAC layout diagrams in the shop manual is anything to go by. It'll probably clog again in future, so I'm making a note of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
calikura

Oh my god! Thank you so much for your post. Sometimes we face with the situations in our lives when only an old thread on some forum may gives us an answer. That was this case. We solved the problem with my mate's car and we are so thankful.
Cheers! Glad I was able to help somebody out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts