Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Bought my daughter a 2nd hand 2009 Mazda 2 hatch a couple of years ago (1st car and it has been great) but it only came with the one key.

That single keys battery has drained and when she went to have it replaced it was found the remote part had been glued shut which is a bit horrific.

Now it begs the question where can I buy spare keys from that won’t cost more than the car is worth (ie not from Mazda.)

Sometime ago I found replacement remotes for my garage that were $6 including postage where the key cutters quoted $195 so I am hopeful something like this is available for the car?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Mazda 2 as well. I bought the key on Amazon. I think it was like $30. It comes with a blank key. If you don't care about what happens to the old key, you can always take it apart and switch the key blank with the old key. As for the chip, you can try to pry it out of the old one or take it somewhere to get it paired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.