Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, a few years ago I bought my first 2014 Mazda 2 with an auto-trans with 34K miles. When I first checked the fluid, it was a honey color and alleged just serviced. Now at 65K the fluid is smokey color and I want to change it.
However, what ATF fluid is honey colored, not red? I know the Mazda calls for ATF M-V Type 5. Maybe it is better to stick with the same fluid that is in there, but what is it? Afraid to flush the tranny and have it quit working.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My solution - I did a drain, then fill the pan, the flush removing the lower hose from the cooler. Used about 8 qts Mazda ATF M-V (Type M-5) P/N 0000-77-112E-01 which is made by Idemitsu. Idemitsu M5 PN is 30040092-75000C020 for qt. Mazda ATF is red, MSDS for Idemistsu says can be red or clear. 800 Team Val said OK to use Max Life ATF in Mazda 2, but MaxLife is thinner than Mazda M-V Type 5 so staying with Mazda 0000-77-112E-01 (Idemitsu M5). That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, on my 2012. I jacked it up removed the pan and filter. Took the spout from the old filter attached it to a hose and put new fluid 3 gallons in a bucket, put a large tote under it and started the car, quickly changing the gears forwards and reverse. When it started making a sucking noise I stopped and removed my hose and replaced the filter and pan. I’ve done that twice since the car was new. 100K and no problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts