Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my awesome 2, even though I am waiting for my H&R springs and a set of 15x8 wheels from tirerack I decided to test fit my Spyder's Autocross wheels(not mine anymore :( ), UL's 15x8 and 15x9.

I really hope the Springs do their job until I can afford coilovers.

Passenger side: UL Nickel 15x8 36 offset Toyo R1R 195-50-15

Driver side: UL Silver 15x9 36 offset Hankook RS3 225-45-15 (very used)

Thanks

Andres

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm curious if there is any rubbing on the fender when the suspension is fully compressed.

I recently purchased a set of 15x7.5 6UL wheels running a 205x50x15 Toyo RA-1 Tire and had no rubbing issues with the suspension fully compressed during my last local track event. I have no idea how well it will work with a 225 size tire but a +42 offset on those wheels just barely clears the front brake caliper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious if there is any rubbing on the fender when the suspension is fully compressed.

I recently purchased a set of 15x7.5 6UL wheels running a 205x50x15 Toyo RA-1 Tire and had no rubbing issues with the suspension fully compressed during my last local track event. I have no idea how well it will work with a 225 size tire but a +42 offset on those wheels just barely clears the front brake caliper.
I did not check for rubbing issues at maximum compression (difficult to do). I am almost sure it will rub with the 15x9's. With the 15x8 Emilio (949 Racing) says they don't have issues.

I will love to see pictures of your car I thing that 15X7.5 could be ideal. Is your car lowered?

Thanks

Andres

·
Registered
153 Posts
welcome, awesome looking mazda2. Love your wheel choice. I usually dislike cars that have aftermarket wheels and not slammed or flush but yours looks amazing! It has a nice aggressive/rugged look going on.

Don't forget to update us when you get the coilovers installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.