Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup fellas/ladies,

My name is... Erv, and I live in AL. I currently drive a VG MZ2, although in the past I have had well over 60 cars. Including STi, Evo, GTO, M3, MR2's x8 and a few muscle cars.

I bought the car to minimize my debt, and get back into road racing/autox/TT. Currently the car sits stock, but, that is about to change.

I have ordered everything I can to make it a contender in HS. I have been unable to find adjustable shocks though.

I have a youtube channel of my auto x adventures. here I did the first auto x in it 3 days after I bought it.

I have been racing competitively for 14 yrs, and have driven all sorts of racecars. Which is why I was so amazed by the MZ2. It didn't hurt my saleslady tossed me the keys and let me take it out freely. ;) I also drive the canyons/mtn's when there aren't any organized events nearby.

·
Registered
153 Posts
welcome Erv.

do you have pictures of your cars from the past, I love Evo's, STI's and M3's, sick cars!

what attracted you to the Mazda2?, you owned cars far better than it in the past.

·
Registered
38 Posts
welcome to the forums!!! how well do you think youll stack up to minis in your class? ive seen more than enough minis decimate their competition in autox. good luck with your search for suspension components!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have lots of pictures, I'll see if I can't dig some up.

Like I said I needed something cheap to drve and race, and the mazda2 definitely fit. plus it was lots of fun on the test drive.

As for the mini's I was only .8 sec behind the 6th place nationals HS at the last auto x, and I was bone stock down to the tires. He drove the car and said with a good set of dampers it will be quite the contender.

I am a lil concerned though, if I can't find dampers for it, I may have to upgrade to STF(which is what I drive locally due to their being much more competition) which will allow lots more suspension mods, but, I don't think the car will be as competitive at a national level in STF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts