Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the morning, when I first start letting out the clutch to go in reverse I get this kinda howling sound for about a second or two. When I am backing up its on a slight incline. Seems to be only in reverse. Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nope but I only have 6500 miles. I haven't had a clutch with issues in several years but that does sound like the release bearing. Definitely take it in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
defiantly sounds like the mazda2 transmission clutch release bearing is defective, your still covered under warranty, aren't you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, haven't even had the first oil change yet. It sounds alot like my friend's Evo right after he upgraded the clutch. I never did understand why it made a howling noise all the time when he would start off in first gear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yea, haven't even had the first oil change yet. It sounds alot like my friend's Evo right after he upgraded the clutch. I never did understand why it made a howling noise all the time when he would start off in first gear.
I hope you didn't skip the first oil change on your mazda2 dude!

have you had a chance to step into the Mazda dealership to see what they can do about it since you still have warranty.

sometimes dealerships take a while to resolve an issue, you'll want to jump on this one asap before it gets worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts