Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Sport edition Mazda2. We're wanting to put in the same aftermarket fogs as the touring edition. I've found some online, but it is unclear if the kit includes the entire black bumper fog light inserts, or literally just the light housing. Obviously the sport edition doesn't have cut outs for them so I need the whole new insert...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I have a Touring and the OEM fo lights s,,,,,, uh,,, leave a lot to be desired.... The first time I turned them on, I had to stop the car and see if they were actually on. IMHO they throw no useable light anywhere useful.

I put in higher output bulbs (H9 vs H10) with little change.

I'll also be exploring some Hella fogs that are used in OEM situations that MAY bolt in like the OEM fogs do.

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am interested in the fog lights more for the visual appeal than the actual functionality of them. As you stated with yours, most fog lights do not provide a significant amount of lighting and are only to light the ground immediately in front of you. However, if you are trying to achieve more output I would recommend installing a HID kit for the proper bulb type. I have the DDM Raptor Kit (ddmtuning.com) in my Mazdaspeed3 and it has worked great for me. About $50 shipped and a lifetime warranty. Lighting is both visually appealing and functional.

For anyone interested, here is an answer to my original post. These are the part numbers required to install aftermarket fog lights in the 2011 Mazda 2. Here are the US Spec part numbers:
Fog Light Kit: DR61-V7-220
Fog Light Switch: DF96-66-122

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

And I'm more interested in functionality in that fog lights are supposed to put out a wide, low light with a sharp cut-off so that dazzle is not reflected back in the eyes of the driver. You certainly don't have to worry about dazzle with the OEM lights. They don't put out enough to find a quarter dropped on the ground directly in front of the car.<LOL>

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Sport came from the dealer with OEM fog lights installed.

They wanted to charge me a pretty penny for adding them (which I refused to pay having come in to pick it up at internet price), but I think they do a lot for the face of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts