Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a pretty simple question. Theres a lot of people loyal to only one brand of vehicle. While some tend to buy a lot from one manufacturer. So is this your first or have you owned any others prior to purchasing this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
This will be my first Mazda. I was always interested in getting one before but didn't find anything I liked until I saw the Mazda 2.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my dad owned a few before when i was a kid so thats what got me interested in them. but personally this will be my first one. its also going to be my first "new" vehicle. only bought used before this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I once had a Mazda 3 Built by ford... im glad i got rid of it... great car but the duration it was built by ford terrible...

I just noticed today a ton of rusted out protege and mazda 3's of that era.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i had a 73 rx3 and a 74 rx3 wagon both hauled a$$ the rx coup was race ready..it raced at westwood race track before it was demo'd for a housing sub division what a shame

·
Registered
4 Posts
A Miata. '92 Black&Tan that has been turbocharged twice over and now looking at adding a few more cylinders. It's been in the family for over a decade, was mine once about 7 yrs ago, and has been my project for the last 3yrs.

It sold me on the brand. The "2" was my first new car, heck...my first car over $2000 (I've had two dozen used cars). It has not disappointed me in the least. Sold on Mazdas for life.

Lookin' good in the snow one Monday on the way to campus after a weekend motor swap brought out a weak cam angle sensor that ran fine for shakedown and then failed after 75mi of my usual commute.

BEGi turbo setup still attached to victimized motor #1

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 2 is #6 for me, but not because of blind loyalty. I research every vehicle remotely close to what I need,. Mazdas just happened to be the best choice more often that not.

Ever Mazda I've owned from my 83 B2000 to the 2011 2 have been far more practical and fun to drive than any competitor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i started with a mazda3, then to a mazdaspeed3, got rid of that for a mazdaspeed6, got 15mpg with mods so traded for my new mazda2, im mazda for life.

·
Registered
6 Posts
currently own a specmiata, my hot rod ex racecar 1973 RX/2, wife drives a 2011 mazda3 and i drive the 2012 mazda2. my other cars are porsche.
have owned many previous mazda's too.
cheers, haas

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a 93 MX-3 and a 90 AWD protege with a 1.8L DOHC swap with the JDM GTX transmission. That car was fun to drive but was rotting out bad on me. I've had a few "Fazdas" (Ford badged, Mazda powered) 5 Ford Aspires and 2 Ford Festivas, one of which I still have and is being AWD swapped using Protege parts up front and Miata stuff for the rear end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my first Mazda, I've owned an '85 Chevette and a 1990 Buick Century. But I've always loved the 80's RX-7s.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2nd for us! I drove a 1988 MX6 GT about 10 years ago, passed down from my dad who purchased it when it was new. He also had an 04 RX8 that got sold a couple years ago...

I would love another 88-92 mx6 gt....

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my second 100% Mazda. My first was a 1985 626. It died (literally) at 240K 10 years later. I also owned a Ford Probe which was a Ford Body (never again ugh) on a 626 frame/engine. Loved the Mazda part of that car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts