Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
How many keys for the Mazda2

Been enjoying my silver Touring AT Mazda2 since April. Upon delivery I was given one remote pod and a spare key with no remote. I had to inquire if the sales person forgot to give me the other remote, but I found out that the Mazda2 only includes one remote and one spare. I'll probably spring for one later........

·
Registered
42 Posts
They give out the same keys. One with a remote and one without. The stealership said a new one w/remote is $200. I've seen other car manufacturers doing the same thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I actually called Mazda as well and they confirmed that one remote key and one non remote key is what you get.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is a car for people on a budget. Any way Mazda can reduce the price without compromising quality is good. Since you can only use one key anyway, we thought it was a nice idea to reduce costs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have bought a few cars as new and almost always I got 2 remote keys and 1 non-remote key. I always used 1 remote key while the other was sitting for months maybe a year or 2 without ever being used.

I think having a 2nd remote key is just an "extra"

This is a car for people on a budget. Any way Mazda can reduce the price without compromising quality is good. Since you can only use one key anyway, we thought it was a nice idea to reduce costs.
That's true.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine came with the same. One remote and the one non-remote spare. It's kind of irritating because the spare key can only unlock the driver's door. There is no keyhole on the trunk or any other door. So if my husband has to get something out of my trunk he has to unlock the driver door, lean in to the center to unlock everything, then go back to the trunk.

He's looking into getting another remote key and doing the DIY programming... he'll probably post about it if it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my mazda 2. i have purchased 3 new mazdas and this is the only model that came with ONE remote access device and it is the only one that didn't have key holes in the passenger side door and trunk... it seems that if MAZDA really cared about the customers they would know that married people need either two devices or a vehicle with keyed entry in more than one door! Especially if they are carting around small children. What if there is a fire & you need to get in in a hurry? I think it's a bad move on their part. And every day, when I use my lone switchblade key to open the door to my car, i will remember that they didn't think it was worth $65 (their cost) to make my family's life easier--and safer. Or at least forget the great new technology and put good old-fashioned key holes in the passenger door and trunk!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I happened to get five keys with my 2. Two remotes and three standards. The dealership was not very organized. While all the paperwork was being processed, I kept asking where my second key was, and simply told them I only had one. They simply got my original standard key and kept cutting new ones. After they figured out what I was doing, they were quite irritated, but I got to keep the keys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts