Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And its the right part number and everything but it won't fit. I'll be talking to the production manager tomorrow I hope. It seems to be slightly longer by about 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Very nice company. They are replacing the filter directly to me and not making me go through the ebay dealer. They mentioned they had a fire back in 2015 and possibly their machines were not holding the correct temperature while molding. They said the dealer must have had an older filter from then.

It was 12.5 inches long when it was suppose to be 12.25 long.

I'll install the replacement and let you know if it sounds better or if I gain miles per gallon or horsepower.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To make a long story short buy from GREEN directly so you get the right size. Mine came in and I can feel the extra power for sure.

One issue is I almost sent it back because it seemed to big again. So I took some clippers and shaved just a tiny bit off one end and I got the box shut. If you go to amazon you will see even some customer that bought a K&N said his was a little big as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To make a long story short buy from GREEN directly so you get the right size. Mine came in and I can feel the extra power for sure.

One issue is I almost sent it back because it seemed to big again. So I took some clippers and shaved just a tiny bit off one end and I got the box shut. If you go to amazon you will see even some customer that bought a K&N said his was a little big as well.
Would that be Part # 7162 ? from Green filters.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's it. After driving it now for a week I can say the car feels a little snappier. And as far as I can tell I think gas millage is going up. I was going about 60-65 down the highway and I see on the gauge on the dash it said 42.7mpg. I don't think I seen that with the old filter.

Remember you may have to slightly trim one end to close the air box. I know it sucks and I don't know why they can't make a perfect fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts