Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Mazda 2 DY 1.5L ZY-VE (Maxx)
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states i want to know if they are the same engine and if not then what are the differences?

Here is Australia only the 1.5L ZY-VE is offered in the Gen 2 Mazda 2 (DY) and i have been wanting to get it rebuild but there is nothing available for it which sucks but i just recently noticed that a Mazda 2 Sport (DE) has the ZY-VE engine.

I'm also aware that the regular Mazda 2 (DE) has the ZY-VE engine but it is worse then the gen 2 (DY) while the (DE) sport is the same if not 1kw better then the Gen 2 (DY)

Now, is there any differences internally and externally? (coolant lines, injector ports intake/exhaust and wiring)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm presuming there would have to be some minor differences. But don't quote me on it
I did notice while doing more research that the Gen 2 DY engine also came with a ZY-DE variant which didn't have variable length intake runners, would that small variation require ECU changes? Surprisingly low info on these things even though they have been out for almost 20 years.

·
Super Moderator
25 Posts
My gen 2 dy model has the intake runners. When I took the intake off it had two sets of runners. You could always look through the parts fiche websites and compare the part numbers between the two models. My guess is there will be some very minor differences.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any websites you recommend for that? I have gone through upwards of 10+ google pages on details about the DY but not many things about their engines or even parts. Might just be location based searches but id be lucky to even find part shops or even aftermarket stuff without searching for the specific brand name. Best i have found is engine codes/chasis codes. At one point i did find a Japanese site that had all the trims of the mazda 2 including all engines sizes all DY model trims including Aero packages ect. Even had the euro models listed. But nothing about the engine specifically, mostly just basic details like power, torque, engine size fuel consumption, gearbox ratio, ect. Nothing specifically internal.. though i am surprised that it had all gear ratios.... like for every version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts