Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Mazda 2 just a decontented Fiesta?
Why did Mazda limit options so severely?
Is there any advantage to buying the Mazda 2 (other than price)?

Are there Fiesta parts that can be installed on a Mazda 2?

vt55 ateq

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm no history buff or experienced mechanic on this but I did a little reading.

There are 4 generations of Mazda 2. The 4th generation is from 2014 to present 2016. This model has been updated with more modern technology but it's not sold in the US. But Toyota re-badged it under Scion ia 4 door which is sold in the US

I have a 3rd generation Mazda 2 and it does not have any GPS or screens available.

The Ford Fiesta shares the same base as the Mazda but I don't think parts are all shared for it has many different things going on including different motor.. And Ford just decided to add more option than Mazda. Comparing to the 3rd gen 2 the Ford is about 200 lbs heavier and from what I read you can feel the extra weight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The North American Ford Fiesta, actually has stiffer suspension settings than its European counterpart. But before you get all excited the minimal changes are simply to compensate for the American car's extra 120 lb. (Fiesta 2580lb Mazda 2305lbs) or so of heft/safety equipment, and the taller, softer sidewalls of the Fiesta 16-in. all-season tires (Euro models come with summer tires). On the plus side, the Fiesta feels more substantial than its competitors, and offers a surprisingly supple ride.

the 2 can get to 60 mph in 9.4 seconds (quicker than the Fiesta 9.7sec ) If driving dynamics are your main priority, the Mazda2 may give the fits, and prove the Fiesta to be a siesta!

So, if you're looking for driving spirit in your daily driver, the Mazda2 with the manual transmission is the ride for you. Despite giving away 20 horses to its Ford cousin, the Mazda2 (100HP 1.5L) is lighter, quicker and nimbler. That doesn't mean the Fiesta (120HP 1.6L) shouldn't be on your shopping list.

Some prefer the looks of the Ford and if you're looking for an automatic, we'd opt for the Blue Oval's state-of-the-art PowerShift 6-speed over the Mazda 4-speed automatic. (though I personally own one with a CVT)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts