Mazda 2 Forum : Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, My name is Curtis I'm from Tyler, Tx. I currently drive a 99 miata with a bunch of goodies on it, its my daily/track/autox car, really love it. I have drove my Miata for 5 years now and plan on keeping it. I'm looking for something more practical for the daily life.

I'm looking at a brand new green touring Mazda 2. I totally love the look of these cars, and I really want everyone's input on whats great about the car, and the draw backs. I want as much info on it before I go buy my first new car. I'm 25 and only owned a mazda protege and my miata so im a big mazda fan

Being a mazda and a very light car, I know it will handle really good, the front wheel drive will be a different. I'm going to get the 5 speed, no way I'm driving a 4 speed auto.

My plans for the car will be to do the same wheel set up as my miata (bronze 6ul 15X8) 205/50/15. I doubt Ill go with a RE-11 summer tire for this car, probably something more like a bridgestone G-force. some nice black tint, probably just get a set of spring to drop it down 1.5 inches. Not getting anything to fancy this will just be my daily. wheels, tint, springs sounds like a great practical daily.

Please blow my thread up with everyone's input! thanks guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the Mazda 2 spirited green touring edition with manual transmission. I bought it on new years eve. I've never owned a Mazda before and it is actually my first brand new car (had 47 miles on it). I do not have one complaint, it's great on gas, it handles great and great sound for a stock stereo. I'm not going to do much to mine really, just a few of the dealer accessories and that's it. Hope you get one, i know you'll love it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, Jeff, I bought the same car on the same day. Loving it! I put in the all weather mats and the factory splash guards (mud flaps). How many miles you got on yours?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow guys, I bought mine exactly one year before, new years eve 2010. After a year, it has 16k miles and still runs great. Mileage came down a little, maybe half a mpg. But no issues. Did all my own oil changes and checked the brakes at 15k. Rear brakes look like new. I will probably have to replace the front pads at 30k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Techdude, I have just hit 1800 miles (i commute about 30 miles each way to work). I am interested in the all weather mats, but I was thinking about the aftermarket type that have a bit of a side wall to them to keep everything in that it catches. Are yours the mazda all weather mats? What do you think of them?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 1200 miles. The floor mats are the Mazda ones. I got the dealer to throw them in as part of the deal. They're OK. They have deep grooves to catch and keep the junk on them. My only complaint is the rectangular block shape in the driver side floor to the left of the clutch, isn't covered. So if I rest my foot there, the carpet gets dirty.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey Techdude, I have just hit 1800 miles (i commute about 30 miles each way to work). I am interested in the all weather mats, but I was thinking about the aftermarket type that have a bit of a side wall to them to keep everything in that it catches. Are yours the mazda all weather mats? What do you think of them?

Which aftermarket floor mats are these?

Weather Tech floor mats seem to be the best in terms of quality, fitment and how well it holds the mess. Their mats are pricey but i think it's worth the buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts