Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's 2014 Mazda 2 sport with about 50k miles had both rear springs broken. She doesn't overload the car or drive on poor roads. Has anyone else have this issue? The springs seem to be a dealer only item and are easily replaced. I changed the shocks while I was at it but they were not in bad condition. I'm surprised these broke so soon (but thery are tiny springs).

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car is a 2013 M2 Venture. I`m not a mechanic but have done a lot of car work during 45 years of car ownership. My car has covered 42K although i have only owned it for 1year. I have just renewed all of my shocks as they were all a little soft but i have mainly replaced them as the car is a little wallowy in windy winter conditions. For what it`s worth coil springs are known to fracture but i would suggest they are more likely to fracture under heavy loaded conditions rather than normal use by driver and say one passenger. Did these springs fracture during the current ownership of your daughter or prior to that time?

·
Registered
7 Posts
weird that both rear springs broke, mine has 250kms on it and still fine, the stock struts however looks tiny but then again the car is light...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts