Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new (used) remote in from Ebay with matching FCC ID (BGBX1T478SKE12501). This was advertised as the Mazda 6 OEM remote with 4 buttons.

I programmed the new remote, per instructions found on several online forums (http://www.mazda2forums.com/index.php?topic=188289.0), and the remote trunk release worked immediately! This is for the 2012 Mazda 2 with the electronic trunk release button on the rear hatch.

WHY would someone want a remote trunk release?
- you want to open only the trunk and not unlock all of the doors
- you have kids, and it's just easier to do one less step of pushing the button on the hatch (though you still need to press the remote)

I originally thought I would need to reprogram the remote entry unit or do some rewiring. I guess Mazda cheaped out (even though the 4-button remote probably doesn't cost any more than the 3-button version) on us.

Enjoy!

Green Camera accessory Gadget Finger Camera

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are welcome.

Another note about remote programming - only two remote units are allowed to be programmed to a car. If you try to add a third remote, it will wipe the first remote out of its memory (first in, first out).

·
Registered
7 Posts
good to know I will keep that in mind in the future but for now I will only have 2 remotes including the one i just purchased. It should be delivered saturday hopefully I can get it cut and take care of the programming before the end of the weekend :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey! I would like to get keyless entry for my 2012. I have power locks but no remotes. Where did you buy your remotes from and where did you get all of your information from? Was is it easy to program? I don't want to pay someone to set it up if I can do it myself!

·
Registered
1 Posts
remote key fob

hi there i have recently just purchased a 2008 58 plate mazda 2 sport but the previous owners handbag was stolen therefore i only have the key which has to be put in the door to open the car. does anyone know where and what remote key fob i can buy thanks. keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.