Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2005/2006 Mazda 2 DY model (the box shape).
Anyway I've been getting water in the spare tire well. The car has not been in any accidents and the water drips /comes in from the left hand side above the rear tail light. I know this because I can see it dripping above the tail light etc.
So the water somehow makes its way from the top part of the car and down the pillar and then into the foot well.

I've checked the rubber cable seal plug at the top of the roof and I've even put silicone around it (just in case). The hatch rubber seal seems to be ok too. I have noticed stress cracks around the tailgate bolt part, and some cracking of the white car silicone in the roof rack channel.
But for the life of me I just can't seem to figure out how the water is somehow coming in from the roof area and running down on the inside rear pillar (the one above the rear tail light) and then it drips down.

Any Ideas?

Ps Ill post some photos when I get a chance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I managed to sort this out. Basically when I remove the black plastic trim that runs on the side of the roof, it reveals a galley. That galley had
1. dirt that was building up..so I cleaned that
2. over the 17 years the stress of the vehicle and I guess sun, had split the sealer that's is in the galley. So there was water getting in that way. Anyway I put silicone in the cracks and so far it seems ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts