Mazda 2 Revolution Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have a 2014 Mazda2, 65k miles.

Over the past few weeks I've experienced some water leaking from the roof after it rains.

Sometimes it just comes through the little hole in the roof when I stop at a stop sign - recently there was a significant amount, maybe 1/2 cup or more. Sometimes I notice some dampness around the moon light (see photos).

Has anyone else ever had this problem?? Any idea on how to fix? I'd love to be able to DIY this or at least have a general idea on where to start. I feel like it could easily turn into a witch hunt on where to find the water point of entry....

Thanks!!!!!
-Mazda2inMaine

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happen to me after overnight rainfall. Dealer said very likely water came from the antenna seal. The seal is not perfectly sitting on the roof surface, he suspected someone tried to pull or pile the antenna, causing that little seal misalignment. He suggest to put something to seal the gap. I will use liquid electric tape as someone suggested in other forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
I have a 2014 Mazda2, 65k miles.

Over the past few weeks I've experienced some water leaking from the roof after it rains.

Sometimes it just comes through the little hole in the roof when I stop at a stop sign - recently there was a significant amount, maybe 1/2 cup or more. Sometimes I notice some dampness around the moon light (see photos).

Has anyone else ever had this problem?? Any idea on how to fix? I'd love to be able to DIY this or at least have a general idea on where to start. I feel like it could easily turn into a witch hunt on where to find the water point of entry....

Thanks!!!!!
-Mazda2inMaine
Oh man, I just experienced my first rain since buying my 2014 Mazda2 and there was a leak, I felt the roof and it was all around the cabin light, on the outside roof of that area is the antenna, so I am sure that that is where it came from. I noticed that I was able to twist it on a little tighter, I am really the water came in just because the antenna was not twisted on all the way only and not the seals too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts